how to complement image information
Sounds can clearly identify hazardous events, even in noisy background:
- Impulsive sounds: gunshot, explosion, car crash, glass shattering, etc.
- Continuous sounds: structural collapse, human scream, brawl, etc.
Recognition of sound outstandingly helps:
- Threat alert
- Early warning on threats
- Potential risks
- Acts of vandalism
- Suspicious or forbidden behaviour
Location and nature of hazard can trigger:
- Pointing and tracking cameras
- Warnings or deterrent actions
- Police intervention